:: MLM or multi level marketing - Pros and cons of network marketing ::
Multi-Level Marketing. What do you think of when you hear that phrase? Many people think
of a great opportunity to make money and retire early, while others instantly think pyramid scam or scheme. Multi-Level Marketing
companies are indeed legitimate and a great way to earn some extra money. With the advent of the internet it has even become
possible to run an MLM online and to work in the comfort of home.
I think part of the reason some people don't trust the MLM world is that they go in with unrealistic goals. They feel that they can
get rich overnight. I don't blame some people for thinking that either. If you look around you see time and time again ads stating
that you can make instant riches and quit your job today! If an opportunity seems to good to be true, it probably is. That is why
it is very important to do your homework and to check if an MLM opportunity is a scam or not.
Multi-Level Marketing is legitimate and a great way to make extra income. I, and many others I know, are making good incomes by running
MLM programs. So, what is the secret to success? Below I've listed out things you need to consider before joining an MLM, as well as
the pros and cons of MLM opportunities. At the end I've listed a link to my Scam page so that you can research any MLM opportunity your
interested in and find out quickly if it is indeed legitimate.
Things to Consider Before Choosing an MLM Business:
Pros of Starting an Online MLM Business:
- Make sure a real product is being offered. If there is no product and you pay money to enter the MLM business then this IS NOT an MLM.
In fact, this is a scam and is very illegal!
- Watch out for "Get Rich Quick" Ads. This is a real business and you will not get rich overnight!
- Please check out the company's record with the Better Business Bureau. Do they have a clean record? Has there been many complaints about them? It's better
to be safe than sorry when it comes to starting your own business!
- Make sure the company that you're interested in has been in business for a least a few years and has established a good reputation.
- Choose an MLM company that produces products that you would use yourself. If you have used the product and enjoy it, it will be that much easier for you to sell!
- Choose an MLM company that uses the internet as a marketing tool. Not only will you have a huge customer base to sell to, but the MLM company should provide you with
a site and various online tools to use as well. If you are given a site, it may be in your best interest to build your own site because then it will be unique and will separate
you from the other sites. Not sure how to build a website? Find out here.
Cons of Starting an Online MLM Business:
- You can be at home with your family more!
- You have a product that is already established. In other words, you don't have to pay to develop and manufacture your own product.
- Start-up costs are minimal. You will likely need to pay for some form of advertising, but how much you spend is entirely up to you. And in most
jurisdictions, if you register as a business you can write off your business expenses come tax time.
- Online marketing and promotional tools will be available for you to use. No need to reinvent the wheel to make this MLM business work for you!
- You will likely be placed on a team and will receive valuable training and support from them as you build your business. You will learn from their mistakes and
become a success.
- You do not have to hound friends and family about your product or business opportunity. Instead, you will have a huge targetted audience on the internet
already interested in starting their own home business.
- Running your business on the internet will allow you to tap into an ever-expanding market of people who are searching for a work at home business.
- You may be competing with thousands of other consultants in your local area. This may be a problem. Look for an MLM company that has few sellers in your local area.
If you have found a great MLM company to join and it does have a lot of sellers in your area, don't despair. Be creative, be different and stand out from the crowd and that
way you will still succeed no matter what!
- Running an online MLM business is not easy. You will work just as hard running your business online as you would offline.
- Because an MLM business offers most of the things you need to succeed such as: website, products, promotional material some people may expect unrealistic things.
Because it seems easy, you may think that all you have to do is sit back and an avalanche of money will come pouring in. Not so. You will need to work hard to make this succeed.
- If you can't handle rejection then you may be in for a tough time. Not everyone who shows interest in your MLM products will act. In fact, most won't. If you can handle rejection and
carry on with promoting your business you will be fine.
Learn about Scams Before you start your MLM business
Check out Useful MLM Sites
Work At Home Ideas Main
Work With Fortune 500 Companies!
No selling, cold calling, or pyramids! NOT get rich quick; Make a comfortable income from home!
Legit Online Jobs
We teach you how to pocket $500/day with these legitimate online jobs! Avoid all of the scams online by visiting us!
Work At Home Jobs
Find an up-to-date extensive list of work at home ideas here!
Work At Home
The ultimate work at home portal. Find everything you need to know about working at home here!