Keep Your Website Visitors Coming Back for More
© 2002 Alice Seba
One of the keys to Internet success is traffic. Let me review the "deleted items" of my email:
"1 million visitors to your site, guaranteed"
"A swarm of traffic"
Well, that's all well and good but traffic for the sake of traffic is not going to take you too far. You can have thousands and thousands of visitors to your site, but if they are not interested in your product or service, then what's the point? You need TARGETED traffic.
Targeted traffic is web site visitors from your target market. What is your target market? Well, those are the people who are interested in your service or your product. How do you build targeted traffic? The easiest way is to have your visitors come back over and over again. There are a few essential tools that will help you do this:
1. Newsletter: A newsletter helps you keep in touch with your web site visitors and reminds them to come back and visit you. How do you get newsletter subscribers? Offer something of interest - not just a sales pitch.
For example, if you sell health products - don't just sell your wares in your newsletter. Include informative articles on healthy lifestyles, scientific research or exercise. Of course, your sales pitch belongs in there somewhere! Include announcements about new product lines, specials and other relevant information.
2. Dynamic Content: Add new content to your web site on a regular basis. If someone has visited your site, why would they come back if it is exactly the same? Make sure they can see the new content on the home page or they can easily find the link to the new content.
3. Announce your specials on your website. Hey, you are here to sell something. You don't have to be shy about it. If you have a special of the week or month - feature it on your site. For example, call it "Feature of the Week" so people know to come back again.
4. Have contests. People love to get something for free. You can have draws for your own product or you can have people donate prizes in return for promotion of their product. If you have a new contest on a regular basis, people will return to see what you have to offer.
5. Make your site interactive. Message boards can do this. Visitors like to participate and have a place to share ideas, ask questions and meet others with the same interests. By offering a place for people to leave a message, they will come back every few days to check replies.
Remember, above all, content is so important to your site. Visitors want to get something from your site besides your sales pitch. Offer them something of value and you will have faithful visitors to your site.
Alice Seba is the creator of Internet Based Moms, the online home-based resource center for work at home moms. Receive great tips on building your Internet Business right into your email inbox by sending a blank email here
Work At Home Ideas Main
Work At Home Top 5 Picks |
Work At Home Joblist |
Affiliate Programs |
MLM Programs |
Work At Home Promotion |
Work At Home Scams |
Work At Home Articles |
Work At Home Books |
Website Building |
Work At Home Message Board |
Work At Home Search |
Work At Home Links |
Work At Home Ideas Main |
Work At Home Ezine |
Free Stuff |
About Us |
Contact Us |
Search Site |